The breakfast and after school club exists to provide high quality out-of-school hours childcare for our parents. It provides a range of stimulating and creative activities in a safe environment, within our ethos of nuturing through respect, inspiring through creativity and succeeding beyond expectations,’ and will be run by staff from the school, and led by Mrs Rachel Brown and her deputy Ms Clare Staunton.
The breakfast club operates from 7:45am – 8.55am during term time.
The after school club operates from 3.25pm – 6.00pm during term time.
A copy of this policy is provided to all parents of children attending the club and is also available on the school website.
All parents must complete a registration form for each child attending the club and sign this agreement to adhere to the terms of this policy.
- Only children attending Mosspits Lane Primary School are eligible to attend.
- All places are subject to availability.
- The registration process must be completed prior to the child’s commencement at the club.
- This policy is available to view via our school website.
- All club staff are made aware of the details of a new child.
- Children’s attendance is recorded in a register.
Arrival and Departure
Breakfast School Club:
- Parents/Carers are required to bring their child directly to club where a member of staff will sign them in. You should enter the club via the pedestrian gate on Woolton Road , the staff will be alerted to your arrival when you press the intercom situated on the left of the gate.
- Years 5 & 6 children are permitted to walk down unaccompanied.
- Reception to and including year 4 must be accompanied.
- Children will be escorted to their class at the beginning of the school day..
After School Club:
- All children will be collected from their classroom.
- The club staff will take a register of all attending children and will liaise with the class teacher/school office to determine any reason why a child is not accounted for.
- When a child is collected at the end of or during a session, they will be signed out by a member of staff and the time recorded.
- The parent/carer or named collector must inform a member of staff that they are collecting and signing out a child.
- Parents/carers must ensure that any person who may collect their child is listed on the registration form and that it is kept fully up to date.
- Parents must inform Club staff if their child is going to be absent from Club by phoning/texting the club mobile number: 07704076776, by emailing email@example.com or by dojo.
- Parents bring their children to Breakfast Club situated in the school canteen where a range of activities are available.
- 7:45 – 8:30am children enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast.
- 8.30am tidy up time encouraging the children to take responsibility for the environment.
- 8.45am all year groups collect their coats and bags and the children are escorted to their classroom. Years 5 and 6 are permitted to walk unaccompanied to their class.
After school session:
- 3:25pm – Reception children are collected from their classroom.
- 3.30pm – Children in years 1 and 2 are collected from their classroom.
- 3:30pm – All other children are collected from their classrooms.
- 3.35pm - Yearly registers are taken and children are informed what choices they have for snack and asked what they would like.
- 3.45pm – 4.30pm Children can then choose from a range of play and planned activities, both indoors and outdoors (weather permitting).
- 4.30pm – Children will have their snack.
- 5:00 – 5:45pm Free play, indoors or outdoors (weather permitting).
- 5:45pm – tidy up time encouraging the children to take responsibility for the environment.
Whilst attending Club children are expected to follow the school ethos and rules. The school behaviour management policy applies at all times, including the rewards and sanctions.
The school first aid and administration of medication policy applies at all times.
Parents of any child who become unwell during Club will be contacted immediately. If a child is sent home during school hours, the school office will inform the Club of their absence.
Missing or Uncollected children
In the event that a child goes missing, the following procedure will be undertaken:
- Senior school staff will be informed of the missing child.
- Club supervisor will search the inside of the building and delegate an outside search of the building to another member of staff. If the child remains missing, the emergency services will be contacted.
If a child has not been collected by 6.00pm parents will be contacted in the first instance by telephone.
The additional contacts parents have provided will be telephoned in the second instance. If these contacts are unavailable after approximately one hour, the police and Social Services will be informed.
Payment of Fees:
Fees are to be paid in advance and payment is due for all contracted sessions even if your child is unable to attend their booked session*.
The parent signing the clubs registration form is known as the ‘contracting parent’ and is responsible for payment of all fees.
If a parent is experiencing difficulty with payment of their fees, they should contact the Club Manager as soon as possible. Our staff will treat all matters confidentially and arrange for discussions in private.
It is possible to pay fees via our online booking system. This can be accessed via the internet, app or at the school office. The name of the booking system is ParentPay. We are also willing to take childcare vouchers and the Government childcare scheme.(Please ask for more information).
The current session capacity is 60 children.
*Parents can change their sessions at the end of each half term to start in the next half term. Cancellation of a place requires 2 weeks notice.
Related Whole School Policies:
The breakfast and after school club is an extension of the school, so all school policies apply to the running of this provision. Of particular note are:
- Safeguarding and Child protection policy.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Health and Safety policy.
- First aid and administration of medicines.
- Online safety policy.