P h y s i c a l E d u c a t i o n
Games and Physical Education are an integral part of the curriculum throughout our school. Every child receives two PE lessons per week. All classes have at least one lesson with our PE Teacher, Mr Kelly. Their second lesson is delivered by their class teacher.
Children learn a variety of skills across a range of sports. This includes skills in gymnastics, cricket, dance, invasion games, net and wall games, swimming and outdoor and adventurous activities. In Key Stage 1, a particular emphasis is placed on ensuring children acquire fundamental skills.
We enter a wide range of competitions/festivals against other schools in the area, which enables a large number of children to represent the school in sports. We emphasise the importance of teamwork and enjoyment and we encourage as many children as possible to take part.
Here’s a link to our PE twitter – take a look at some of our PE lessons/competitions: Click here.
Our children also take part in a time-tabled daily mile. The Daily Mile is a social physical activity, with children running or jogging – at their own pace – in the fresh air with friends.
- It takes place in 15 minutes, with most children averaging a mile, or more, each day.
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier.
- Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing time is needed.
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun.
- The children return to class ready to learn.
- It helps to improve fitness.
- It encourages children to be aware of their health.
- It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile.
We offer swimming sessions to our Key Stage 2 children. These swimming sessions take place in Liverpool Aquatics Centre.
This year (2021-2022) our swimming curriculum looks like this:
Autumn: Year 5
Spring: Year 4
Summer/Top up programme: Year 6
Year 6 children have the opportunity to attend a swimming top-up programme in July. Top-up swimming lessons in Year 6 provide extra support to those pupils who have not met the three national curriculum requirements.
Please use the links below to explore Physical Education in Mosspits further.