Mosspits Lane

Primary School

Believe, Achieve, Succeed

Log in


How can parents and carers apply for a place at this school?


Reception Admission

If your child is due to start Reception in September, you must apply directly to the local authority.  Click on the link below to make an application.  In-year admissions will need to be made directly to the school. 


KS1 and KS2

Children can be admitted to the infant and junior department via in-year transfers which are to be made directly to the school; the school office staff will be able to give further information on this. 


If the school is oversubscribed, priority is given on the following criteria:


Priority 1

  • Looked after children in the care of the local authority.
  • Children who are looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).

Priority 2

  • Children with exceptional medical needs/social needs.  Applicants wishing to be considered under this criterion should submit documentary evidence.  Information will be reviewed and if so necessary advice may be taken from educational professionals.

Priority 3 

  • Children with a sibling attending the school.

Priority 4

  • All other applicants who have expressed a preference for the school.


Year 1 - Year 6  Children

If you are interested in your child starting at Mosspits Lane Primary School, you can phone the school office to arrange a visit; we’ll be pleased to show you around.


New Entrants September 2023

Our school open morning took place on Saturday 5th November 2022.  It was fantastic to welcome so many prospective children and their parents.  If you were not able to make the open morning, please see the headteacher's presentation and EYFS overview below.


School office 0151 722 1716

Headteacher Presentation to Parents and EYFS Leaflet - Prospective parents for 2023 Reception intake

How do parents and carer apply for a place at secondary school?

All secondary school applications are completed online via the local authority. Please find the link below for further information.