Mosspits Lane Primary School is now a Childcare Hub for key workers as defined by Liverpool City Council on the link below:
Please check the criteria carefully to ensure that you qualify as a key worker.
If you qualify for a place in a hub we are open from Monday 6th April from 7am to 7pm.
If you are planning to bring your child(ren) to us please understand and be prepared for the following:
when you arrive at school for the first time you will be required to complete a registration form which includes contact details, emergency contacts, medical information, allergies, dietary information, SEND needs etc. If your child currently attends Mosspits Lane Primary School you will still be required to complete a form.
- if you are driving to school please do not park outside residents houses. Please try to park away from the school site and walk to the entrance on Woolton Road (Breakfast & After School Club) into the canteen..
- Medication if your child requires medication, has an inhaler, Epipen etc this must be brought in with them and the appropriate form completed. We cannot administer any medication without signed permission by a parent/carer.
- your child(ren) needs to come in their own clothes with suitable coats to go outside.
- children are not permitted to bring any electronic equipment or mobile phones.
your child will be in a childcare environment, they will be playing games, doing craft activities, being outside etc. The Hub is not an educational environment, no teaching will be undertaken.
- your child needs to follow and respond to the Hub's behaviour guidance; as it would be in the school they are currently enrolled in. The setting has the right to refuse entry to any child who does not follow the expectations of the Hub.
-For those pupils who have designated 1:1 support from a key adult, we cannot guarantee that the 1:1 adult will be available, and/or there will be enough staff to provide 1:1 support throughout the day. Therefore, please give consideration as to whether your child could successfully manage significant changes to their normal school routine, coupled with differing staff and a potential reduction in 1:1 support.
- parents will be asked to wait in a designated area when dropping off and collecting from the Hub to ensure the health of the staff.
- any child who is unwell will be sent home as quickly as possible.
We will be receiving an update from the Local Authority on a daily basis in response to local and national guidance. This will be updated on this page.
There are HUBS across the City, you can use the one which is best for you.
Below are links to national guidance and advice:
Closure of educational setting guidance for parents https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers
Liverpool City Council website updates https://www.liverpool.gov.uk/communities-and-safety/emergency-planning/coronavirus/
Support for families who are entitled to free school meals https://www.gov.uk/government/news/plans-set-out-to-support-pupils-eligible-for-free-school-meals
If you feel unwell you are encouraged you use the following NHS website rather than ringing 111 straight away http://111.nhs.uk/covid-19